Please join me to ask God –
1. For sustained reminders that it is God’s good will and pleasure for His gospel to be known. He wants sinners saved. The salvation of others is not our burden to carry.
2. As I lead the English cafe for non-native speakers this Friday at 7pm. I will share a personal testimony about my thirst for personal success, and how the love of Jesus called me. This will be translated by Kondo sensei. I ask God to give me clarity and courage, and that Christ will be made much of.
3. The team would have had a busy and incredibly full day at the katsetsus before the English cafe session, and will need to drive into Morioka. It is a 2h drive along windy terrain. 😣 I ask God for protection and safe passage.
4. 50 new Japanese faces tomorrow! Friday will probably have the largest crowd yet (possibly for the entire trip). The Lord knows those who are His. I ask that He calls the people He desire to know Him to the meeting places. He will prepare their hearts to receive love and community.
5. For my team and I to remember, remember, remember:
We have a secure promise that the Lord himself will gather worshippers from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. He will build his Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The Lord has burdened himself with the work of rescuing sinners from the far corners of the earth. He will do it; he is doing it even now.
Thanking God for:
Five events thus far: God continues to bring the people into the katsetsus and public housing, even this newest public housing with new people even the pastor has never met before. They were receptive to the Japanese-Christian songs; I could sense it in the air!
My transcribed notes for the most popular folk tune in all five katsetsus. Thank God for the wonders of whatsapp images, that my sister could send this over to careless me, who left it on the dining table
Romans 10:13-15a, “‘For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent?”